Saturday, September 27, 2008

Why?

I often wonder why. That's puzzling in itself. Why? There are some simple answers to the question. Why? Just because, that's always a good one, although I'm not quite sure it answers the question. How about the answer, "Because I said so, that's why". I'll never understand that one. Whether or not the speaker has any clout or influence what so ever, I'm still a bit hesitant about the beginning of that statement. Gosh, why would they say that? I sure hope it's not because!! I'm going to figure out why. Yes, that's what I'm about.

My friend, I call him Bob. You already know why I call him Bob. See how simple that was? No reason to wonder there. Anyway, upon hearing that I was embarking on researching my roots, says to me: " I don't know why?" Oh boy I say to myself, here we go. Whats my answer? Because it's there that's why!!! No, I can't do that! Not me the guy who wonders why. I say: "Bob, aren't you at all interested in your Greek links?"He of course says: "why"., and so it begins, back to why.

You may also wonder why I am doing things the way that I am. It should be noted I have become immersed in my origins. Why? Because I can figure it out. There are many of us, like Bob, who really don't care much about such things. I would think the only aspect about ones genealogy that was important to him would be " What's my life expectancy?" Shameful at best in my opinion. So once again, I don't know why he/they would feel that way.

There is a big story to tell. Something, we are all pretty much in the dark about. I am talking to you. Yes...you. " Why?" I'm hoping you stay with the blog. Enough for todays entry. Let me leave you with just one thought. My brother once said to me: " I've often wondered and don't know why, they used to huddle up and speak Ukrainian."

No comments: